CHILD HEALTH NURSING LAB
Child Health Nursing lab was started in the year of 2022, under the Department of Child Health Nursing .This lab is designed to help students to develop and understanding of modern approaches to child care .The lab providesnursing students an additional learning resources to meet their educational goals.This lab provides strong foundation for handling the newborn and children with the help of manikins .Lab is equipped with CPR manikins ,pediatric procedure manikins with sufficient number of articles to demonstrate nursing procedures.Students are getting hands on training on pediatric nebulization ,oxygen therapy ,ryles tube feeding ,intravenous therapy ,bladder irrigation ,surgical dressing ,suture removal, formula feeding and colostomy care .Students get an idea on importance of play therapy as age appropriate play materials are neatly arranged in lab.
Students can utilize different audio visual aids on pediatric disorders .
By undergoing training in Child Health Nursing lab students will be able to :
- Develop proficiency in measuring anthropometry and interpretation of findings.
- Demonstrate skill in assessing nutritional status of child
- Perform dehydration assessment of child
- Impart knowledge among primary care givers regarding importance and selection of age appropriate play materials .
- Attain skill in drug calculation and medicine administration
- Develop skill in demonstrating ryles tube insertion and feeding
- Demonstrate skill in doing surgical dressing and suture removal
- Perform formula feed preparation
- Perform colostomy care for children
- Develop skill in writing care plan for different case scenarios
Lab is located in the 3 rd floor of Al Shifa College of Nursing with an area of 980 sq f . It constitute following areas :
- Patient unit
- Procedure preparation area
- Play corner
- Institutional area
Lab maintains following registers for smooth functioning :
- Inventory register
- Lab entry register
- Utilization register
- Issue register
Faculty in charge
||NAME OF THE FACULTY
||Mr. Nasheeda K
||MSc Nursing in Child Health Nursing
||Ms. Harsha Murali