The onus being on holistic preparation of the nurses, the Al Shifa College of Nursing was established in 2002 and started Basic B. Sc Nursing degree course and the course is affiliated to the University of Calicut previously and now affiliated at Kerala University of Health Sciences and recognized by Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council and Indian Nursing Council. The excellent infrastructure, well–equipped laboratories, library with latest editions of both Indian and foreign publications, highly qualified faculty and above all the undying Shifa Spirit to excel in whatever we do transform the students in to outstanding professionals.
As per prospectus of LBS centre for the admission of candidates in B.Sc Nursing Course
Candidate who have passed HSE/ CBSE/ VHSE with 50% marks in Biology separately and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English put together or Candidate who have passed B. Sc degree exam with Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany and Biochemistry as main subject with 50% in main put together and with HSE/ CBSE/ VHSE with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Candidate shall be medically fit.
- A criteria for selection and method of admission to Merit / Management seats is govern by the rules and regulations frame by the Government of Kerala.
Seats available : 60 Nos.
Duration : 4 years
Applicants should have completed 17 years of age. No relaxation of the minimum age will be allowed. Self attested copy of birth certificate or relevant page of school record namely SSLC/ICSE/CBSE certificate showing the date of birth should be furnished along with the application in proof of age.
A minimum of 80% of attendance in both theory and practical in each subjects is required for appearing in the university exams. No condonation allowed for attendance shortage. However all students should acquire 100% of attendance for practical before the award of degree.
- University examinations will be conducted at the end of each year.
- Candidates shall register for all parts of the examinations in their first appearance.
- Candidate who have undergone the prescribed course of study of the year only can appear for the examinations.
- No candidate shall be admitted to any part of the examinations unless he or she has secured a minimum of 80% or above attendance for classes as well as practical in all subjects. If any Candidates not having at the minimum class average marks (internal assessment) of 50%, he /she shall not be allowed to appear for the University examination in the specified subject in which he/she has not secure minimum internal assessment marks. Calculations of internal marks shall be based on the ongoing and continuous process.