+91 94460 52598
Home - Department of Obstetrics and Gynecological Nursing
Obstetrics and Gynecology (maternity) nursing department aims to ensure quality education to the students, in order to provide comprehensive and holistic nursing care to the mother and newborn including women with gynecological problems. The students undergoing training in this specialty will be able to acquire overall skill to function as midwives focusing evidence based practice both in the hospital and community.
The activity of the department includes
Training of B.SC, PB.B.SC and M.SC nursing students to develop knowledge and skill in obstetrics and gynecological nursing in various maternity hospital (Perinthalmanna nursing home,Ramdas clinic and hospital, District hospital,KIMS Al Shifa hospital, Craft hospital etc.,)
Observes Safe motherhood day, International Women’s day, International day for the elimination of sexual violence conflict, Breast cancer awareness month day, Breast feeding week celebration etc., by conducting exhibition, scientific session, quiz, role play, debates, Health education and cultural programmes.
- Conducts continuing nursing education such as Journal club presentation, Webinar, Departmental topic presentation.
- Participate actively towards promotion of independent and collaborative research.
- Procure and monitor utilization of resources for effective functioning of department.
- Incorporate evidence based nursing practice and identify the areas of research in the field of obstetrics and gynecological nursing.
- Guides the undergraduates and post graduates to do research projects
- Extend professional services to community.
- Participates in the college development activities
|Sl NO:||NAME OF THE FACULTY||DESIGNATION|
|1||Mrs. sasikala Arumugham||HOD|
|2||Mrs. Rincy Alex||Associate Professor|
|3||Mrs. Sheeba S||Associate Professor|
|4||Mrs. Athira Surendran||Associate Professor|
|5||Mrs. Shinu Xavier||Lecturer|
|5||Mrs. Silby V. Babu||Lecturer|